Spark Operator (Turners Falls, MA)
Spark Operators needed in Turners Falls on 2nd & 3rd shift!
2nd Shift: 3pm-11pm
3rd Shift: 11pm-7am
Perform required operations connected with measuring, inspecting, testing and re-spooling wire and cable in preparation for shipping or its next operation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work from factory orders, special customer requirements and verbal instructions to evaluate and meet specifications with regard to conductor size, amount of insulation over diameter, sparking voltage, type of repairs allowed (if any), number of pieces per reel, type of reel for put-up, sparking sequence, number of conductors, multiple lengths, amount of order.
- Set up wire or cable on sparking machine, selects proper counter eyes, applies prescribed sparking voltage, maintains proper traverse while operating machine at fastest allowable speed; set up voltage tester, test wire and small cables at prescribed voltage, check continuity tester to insure there are no breaks or shorts
- Visually examine and inspect wire/cables as they are pulled through the machine to detect sparking (defects). Identify areas of defective insulation, cut out defective piece
- Use micrometer to check conductor for proper size, check appearance of insulation and centering of copper wire in the insulation; tag reel in accordance with specifications, direct to next operation
- Detect and report any unusual conditions, defective materials or other malfunctions
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and proper condition. Observe safety regulations
- Ability & willingness to cross-train on other machines throughout the plant
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and required overtime as needed.
The ideal candidate will possess a High School diploma or GED, knowledge of ordinary arithmetic including decimals, fractions, and simple use of specification together with use of adjustable measuring instruments. Be a team player, enjoy detailed work and willing to learn!
Why Reliable Temps?
Reliable Temps has provided exceptional staffing services since 1989. We offer full time, part time, as well as temporary opportunities for local job seekers. Our positions range from entry level with room to grow, to highly experienced looking to find the perfect fit. We recognize your strengths and will work hard to advocate on your behalf to find the job that is right for you. Reliable Temps Inc. partners with some of the top companies in Western Massachusetts, Connecticut & New Hampshire. As a Reliable Temps Inc. employee, you are our top priority and we will strive to provide the best next step in your career.