Performs a variety of operations to assemble and finish a range of types and sizes of plastic containers and other items.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works from engineering prints, bills of materials, assembly drawings, written and/or verbal instructions.
- Performs standard set up and lays out work area to assemble, or to perform selected operations required for finishing and assembly of containers.
- Picks parts and supplies from racks.
- May assemble container according to prints and specifications. Attaches hardware using fixtures. Cuts, trims, routs containers. Performs gluing, taping, flame treating and labeling operations. Notifies supervisor or others as appropriate of inspection failures, out of tolerance/specification situations.
- Performs limited pressure “Leak” testing, records results and determines leak cause for out of specification conditions. Reports out of specification conditions. Repairs, retests, and documents results on appropriate form.
- Performs repair operations. May be required to mask and paint containers.
- Performs inspection on finished configured containers and stamps as approved.
- Detects and reports improper operations, faulty equipment, defective materials and questionable conditions to proper supervision. Maintains work area(s) and equipment in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
- Maintains daily production and other records as required.
- Performs other related duties as required or directed.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Employee Handbook and/or applicable employment agreement. Follows safety guidelines and procedures in accordance to the job.
- Must have the understanding and ability to follow all established safety procedures and guidelines.
- Must have the ability to use basic hand tools
- Must have the ability to follow verbal and/or written instructions.
- Actively supports and complies with Pelican’s objectives, guidelines and commitment to Quality and Safety, with an emphasis on continual improvement.
- Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
- Must have the ability to complete assignments within the timeframe specified by the Manager.
- Must be flexible regarding working hours and overtime. Must be able to work overtime on evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
- Must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
*Drug Screen & Background Check Required*