A manufacturer of specialty chemicals and advanced material for high technology sectors in Orange, MA is currently accepting applications for their maintenance technician position. They are hiring immediately, qualified candidates may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check. This is a full time, first shift opportunity with overtime.
The Maintenance Technician position is responsible for maintaining our manufacturing facility and installing/maintaining manufacturing equipment. A Maintenance Technician is a key member of our manufacturing team. Maintenance Technician’s will have a diverse set of skills in assembly and maintenance of manufacturing equipment, along with an understanding of chemical hazards and basic chemical manufacturing processes. This position starts at $17/hr, but is negotiable depending on experience.
Maintenance Technician Schedule: 1st Shift, 12 hour shifts – Monday-Friday with overtime
Maintenance Technician Job duties:
- Learn and follow all safety policies and procedures
- Maintain plant equipment (e.g. pumps, piping, cooling/heating systems, vessels) and facilities to support chemical manufacturing
- Troubleshoot problems in mechanical systems throughout the plant
- Install mechanical components, structural steel elements, piping, process equipment, and auxiliary systems.
- Promptly perform assigned corrective and preventive maintenance tasks and enter accurate records of completion
- Perform cleaning of process equipment and facilities
- Participate in site Emergency Response activities
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required. Post high school education in trade or manufacturing technology is a plus. A military background in equipment maintenance is a plus.
- Minimum Experience: Manufacturing facility maintenance (2+ years) or equivalent. Experience in chemical manufacturing or chemical handling is preferred.
- Physical Requirements:
- Properly use and maintain PPE and follow PPE policies and rules. Note, must be able to fit test and use an air purifying respirator.
- Must be able to access chemical manufacturing equipment, including frequent use of ladders and stairs.
- Must be able to execute Work and Heights and utilize required fall protection.
- Must be able to sustain extended periods of standing and sitting, as well as frequent kneeling, bending, and crouching.
- Must be able to read and comprehend complex maintenance instructions and document work in a computer based records system.
- Responsible for use of a large variety of hand tools and equipment to perform corrective/preventative maintenance and cleaning of equipment and facilities.