Local company seeking out a qualified and motivated Leasing Specialist on their 1st shift!
The leasing specialist is a vital member of the office team at this complex. The primary responsibilities are to qualify new residents for occupancy and re-certify existing residents for continued occupancy. This position requires organization and great attention to detail. The recertification specialist is required to conduct resident interviews, process paperwork, interact with various vendors and agencies, and assist with administrative and leasing tasks. The recertification specialist must be able to multi-task well, all within specific time constraints.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain property waiting list
- Complete all aspects of resident recertifications and lease renewals, including conducting applicant interviews, collecting necessary documentation, and determining program eligibility
- Utilize EIV in accordance with HUD Guidelines (Section 8)
- Ensure proper calculation of income, assets, resident rental amount, etc.
- Work with maintenance staff for timely move-in/move-out of residents
- Coordinate apartment inspections for move-ins and recertifications
- Maintain resident files in accordance with company policy and regulatory agency policy
- Maintain verbal and written communication with local Housing Authorities in all recertification matters including Requests for Tenancy Approval, subsidy adjustments, and contract signings
- Maintain subsidy ledger/corrections
- Assist office staff on other tasks, including collection of rents and social activities
- Engage in continued job-related education (educational seminars and courses) in order to keep current with regulatory agency policies, Fair Housing Rules and Regulations, federal and state compliance issues, etc.
- Abides by and complies with all Fair Housing Rules and Regulations as well as other federal and state compliance issues including HUD, CHFA, LIHTC, etc.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Property Manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Certificates and Licenses: As requested by the property manager or required by the property or by state or federal law, the recertification specialist may be required to have or to obtain various certificates and licenses related to the job (i.e., Fair Housing Training, Sexual Harassment Prevention Training, COS, C3P, TCS, certificates acquired through tax credit training, occupancy or recertification training, NCHM, IREM courses, real estate sales licenses, etc. )
- Computer Skills: Individual must have the ability to use Property Management software (such as One-Site), internet software, and spreadsheet and word processing software.
- Oral and Written Communication Skills: Speaks clearly, professionally, and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Writes clearly and informatively.
- Quality and Quantity: Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality. Completes work in a timely manner.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time.
Leasing Specialist Schedule:
- 1st shift: Monday through Friday 830am-5pm
Please submit resume or call (413) 786-9941 for more information.