Judd Wire Inc.
Local wire manufacturer has exciting opportunities, ranging from entry level positions to higher skilled! If you are interested in career furthering manufacturing opportunities, look no further! Submit a resume today for immediate consideration.
Entry Level Spark Test Operator:
2nd shift- $17.01/hr
3rd shift- $18.01/hr
Job Duties of the Spark Operator:
- Work from factory orders, special customer requirements and verbal instructions to evaluate and meet specifications with regard to conductor size, amount of insulation over diameter, sparking voltage, type of repairs allowed (if any), number of pieces per reel, type of reel for put-up, sparking sequence, number of conductors, multiple lengths, amount of order.
- Set up wire or cable on sparking machine, selects proper counter eyes, applies prescribed sparking voltage, maintains proper traverse while operating machine at fastest allowable speed; set up voltage tester, test wire and small cables at prescribed voltage, check continuity tester to insure there are no breaks or shorts
- Visually examine and inspect wire/cables as they are pulled through the machine to detect sparking (defects).
- Use micrometer to check conductor for proper size, check appearance of insulation and centering of copper wire in the insulation; tag reel in accordance with specifications, direct to next operation
- Detect and report any unusual conditions, defective materials or other malfunctions and maintain work station.
- Ability & willingness to cross-train on other machines throughout the plant
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and required overtime as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Knowledge of ordinary arithmetic including decimals and fractions.
- Simple use of adjustable measuring instruments.
- Moderate physical effort consisting of frequent moving, average weights, lifting up to 50 lbs., pushing, pulling etc.
- Long periods of standing.
- Continuous mental and visual attention to repetitive work, requiring constant alertness or activity.
- Working conditions may expose employee to noise, fumes, dust, hot and cold temperatures etc.
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Life, AD&D and Disability
- PTO and Holidays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Overtime after 8 hours/day or more than 40 hours per week.
Interested candidates can call Reliable Temps at (413) 774-4562 or come to our office located on 91 Main St Greenfield, MA for an on the spot interview between the hours of 8:30am-4:00pm!