Performs a variety of repetitive operations to assemble and/or finish various types and sizes of plastic items and containers under direct supervision.
Duties and responsibilities
- Works from verbal and/or written instruction. May occasionally work from blueprint and/or assembly drawing. Uses hand tools, power tools and powered assembly tools such as semi-automatic assembly fixtures, band saw, table saw, riveting machine, pneumatic tools, drill press and foam saws.
- Performs changeover of assembly fixtures, replenishes/replaces stock at assembly station.
- Attaches necessary hardware and parts as per specifications and performs gluing, taping, flame treating and labeling operations. Checks parts for visual defects.
- Operates a variety of machines to perform finishing operations on various plastic and/or metal parts.
- Performs repair and paint operations on foam inserts. Fills voids, prepares surface, masks and sprays and/or hand paints. Maintains and cleans painting equipment.
- Maintains established quality and quantity standards. Follows prescribed safety precautions, established company and department policies, procedures, rules and regulations. Detects and reports improper operations, faulty equipment, defective materials and questionable conditions to proper supervision. Maintains work area(s) and equipment in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
- Maintains daily production and other records as required.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Employee Handbook and/or applicable employment agreement. Follows safety guidelines and procedures in accordance to the job.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Understanding and ability to follow all established safety procedures and guidelines.
- Ability to operate machine controls.
- Ability to follow verbal and/or written instructions.
- Actively supports and complies with the company’s objectives, guidelines and commitment to Quality and Safety, with an emphasis on continual improvement.
- Must be able to interact effectively and cooperatively with employees at all levels.
- Must have the ability to complete assignments within the timeframe specified by the Manager.
- Must be flexible regarding working hours and overtime. Must be able to work overtime on evenings and weekends, with or without advanced notice.
- Must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
*Drug Screen & Background Check Required*