Reliable Temps is looking for a Human Resources Generalist in the Turners Falls area!
In this role you will be responsible for performing diversified duties to provide support and assistance for the Human Resources functions.
Up to $79,000/yr
Job Duties And Responsibilities:
- Staffing and recruiting includes the development of a pool of diverse, qualified candidates for exempt and non-exempt positions, conduct interviews, reference checks and background screenings. Coordinate temporary employee requests and tracking to make sure staffing needs are met in a timely manner.
- Manage the complete new hire onboarding orientation process for new employees. Explain policies, procedures and benefits and coordinate process with managers. Follow up for post hire evaluations.
- Coordinate and input training data into files and system. Track and follow up for missing training information, assist in data entry of this information and administer training summary reports. Assist EH&S Specialist with safety training requirements.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a formal internship program targeting local agencies, programs and colleges.
- Manage the administration of workers compensation program including: communications with providers and insurance carriers; provide input to the design and implementation of programs/processes that ensure the wellbeing of all employees while reducing costs through prevention; organize light duty work to minimize exposure to costs.
- Operate HR systems and maintain confidential and employment related data; develop data reports and metrics on a variety of HR issues. Coordinate and update HR intranet site and post policies in common areas of company.
- Assist Manager in developing communications, education and information strategies that maximize employee understanding of HR policies, programs, services and culture and act as a catalyst for continuous improvement.
- Problem-solve and provide cost effective solutions to situations as they occur. Assist in responding to and resolving employee relations, issues and concerns as needed.
- Administer, monitor and follow up on the employee performance processes with all evaluations; administer, track and coordinate all FMLA and/or leaves of absences and coordinate with payroll.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws related to employment in all areas of HR.
- Assist and/or administer a variety of support duties including: backup payroll support; office clerical duties; coordinating and maintaining company uniform inventory, distribution and sales; respond to HR issues; generating monthly and adhoc reports as required; arrangements for various company events and functions; verify employment inquiries according to established policy and coordination of wellness activities; etc.
- Perform other similar duties as requested or assigned by supervisor.
- The ideal candidate will possess:Bachelors degree in Human Resources, General Business, Organization Development or equivalent field of study with over five years of progressive HR Experience; SHRM-CP Preferred
- Demonstrated evidence of knowledge and continued training in employment law, compensation, worker’s compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, training and development.
- High competency with payroll systems software, database management and other human resource information record keeping systems and excellent computer skills in Microsoft environment (Microsoft Office Suite, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access).
- Ability to interact effectively with executive management that provides company leadership and direction.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Able to learn and maintain knowledge of company and product.