Local manufacturing company seeking out experienced Mechanical Technician to perform installations, maintenance and repairs of factory electrical and mechanical equipment and other industrial machinery used in semi and fully automated manufacturing. This role will be responsible for preventative and corrective maintenance of a variety of industry standard and specialized equipment. This role will also be primarily responsible for troubleshooting issues with electronic based programs.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Install hardware on new and existing equipment
· Order and repair or replace broken or malfunctioning components and parts
· Program controllers, design program to suit business needs
· Modify and upgrade existing circuits
· Troubleshoot, repair, rebuild and upgrade mechanical systems
· Independently complete predictive and preventative maintenance on machines as scheduled
· Utilizes a Computerized Maintenance Management System (C.M.M.S.) to report and record equipment-related actions
· Complete repair work in a timely manner based on manufacturers and programming guidelines
· Works towards improvements for process efficiencies
· Work in a safe manner following all PPE and standardized processes
· Perform all other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Ability to comprehend computer, electrical and mechanical systems used in a manufacturing environment
· Understanding of electrical theory and practice
· Strong Knowledge in machine automation including robotics, PLC’s, drives, motor controls, sensing components, vision systems, printers, scanners, label machines, pin stamping, dispensing controls, etc.
· Strong Ability to communicate via laptop with machine control programs, PLC’s, VFD’s, panel views, vision systems, printers, scanners, label machines, dispensing controls, etc.
· Strong ability to use Logics 5000, RS-232, Ethernet, Devicenet etc.
· Ability to troubleshoot from mechanical drawings/prints such as hydraulics prints/diagrams and/or O.E.M documentation.
· Strong ability to troubleshoot low voltage control instrumentation and or components such as proportional valves, linear encoders, temperature sensors, servo controls, etc.
· Highly skilled to troubleshoot, test and interpret electrical prints/drawings on low and high voltage A/C/ D/C circuits.
· Ability to interpret local and national electrical codes in order to help meet compliance /legal requirements.
· Highly skilled to troubleshoot electrical system with minimum or no documentation.
· Highly skilled with the use of voltage and calibration meters.
· Ability to use tools including hand tools, powered tools, diagnostic tools and computer programs
· Basic computer skills required – Ability to use MS Excel and MS outlook needed.
· Ability to learn, operate and troubleshoot necessary equipment and perform work required in a time efficient manner
· Must be able to read, write and understand English
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training in field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Required to have high competency in mathematical, computer, electrical and mechanical understanding with the ability to pass required testing
· Preferred graduation from a trades program
· Must pass, On-site Fork Truck Operating Certification
· Must be open to continuing education certificate courses and on-site training
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORK ENVIRONMENT (if applicable)
· The employee will work with electrical current and be exposed to potential electrical shock
· The employee may be frequently expose to fumes or airborne particles
· The employee may be exposed to confined spaces while working on machines
· The employee is regularly required to stand and walk for long periods of time.
· The employee may be required to stand, sit, crouch, walk and bend/conform in uncomfortable positions for varying periods of time
· Will be required to use vision including close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
· Occasionally required to lift up to 50 lbs.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27.00 per hour