Entry level candidates encouraged to apply!!
Local Wire manufacturer is currently accepting applications for their Entry Level Machine Operator role! This job is hiring immediately.
Machine Operator Schedule: 1st (M-F, 7a-3p) 2nd (M-F, 3p-11p) 3rd (11p-7a- work week begins Sunday at 11pm)
Individuals will be responsible for a variety of duties including:
Performing required operations connected with measuring, inspecting, testing and re-spooling wire and cable in preparation for shipping or its next operation.
Machine Operator Job duties:
- Work from factory orders, special customer requirements and verbal instructions to evaluate and meet specifications with regard to conductor size, amount of insulation over diameter, sparking voltage, type of repairs allowed (if any), number of pieces per reel, type of reel for put-up, sparking sequence, number of conductors, multiple lengths, amount of order.
- Set up wire or cable on sparking machine, selects proper counter eyes, applies prescribed sparking voltage, maintains proper traverse while operating machine at fastest allowable speed; set up voltage tester, test wire and small cables at prescribed voltage, check continuity tester to insure there are no breaks or shorts
- Visually examine and inspect wire/cables as they are pulled through the machine to detect sparking (defects). Identify areas of defective insulation, cut out defective piece
- Use micrometer to check conductor for proper size, check appearance of insulation and centering of copper wire in the insulation; tag reel in accordance with specifications, direct to next operation
- Detect and report any unusual conditions, defective materials or other malfunctions
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and proper condition. Observe safety regulations
- Ability & willingness to cross-train on other machines throughout the plant
Machine Operator Benefits:
- 1st Shift-$15/hr, 2nd Shift-$16/hr, 3rd Shift-$17/hr
- Medical, Dental, 401K
- Opportunity for advance and additional training
- Overtime as needed