Local packaging company is seeking out a 2nd Class Fireman Boiler Operator on their 3rd shift! The qualified candidate in this position is responsible for boiler plant operation and monitoring while on watch.
2nd Class Fireman Boiler Operator Duties:
- Operate boilers and related equipment
- Read meters and gauges at specified intervals
- Open and close valves as needed
- Adjust controls
- Perform basic maintenance
- Maintain plant cleanliness
- Check/monitor operating systems to detect faulty operating equipment
- Record/fill out daily operations logs
- Maintain open and strong communication with Chief Engineer
- Communicate any/all deficiencies to Chief Engineer and record in logs as required
- Any/all duties pursuant to Chapter 146 of the Massachusetts General Laws.
2nd Class Fireman Boiler Operator Physical Requirements:
- High energy level
- Ability to lift parts or boxes up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to ascend/descend ladders to open/close valves/levers as needed
2nd Class Fireman Boiler Operator Additional Information
- 3rd Shift: 11pm-7am Monday through Friday
- Opportunity for growth and additional training
Please call 413-786-9941 to schedule an interview!