2nd Shift Warehouse Lead (Turners Falls, MA)
A local steel product manufacturer is looking for a Warehouse Lead to join their 2nd shift team!
Schedule: 2:30pm-11pm (Mon-Fri)
Starting Pay: $19/hr (DOE)
- Run daily past due reports in Macola (ERP) at the beginning of every shift to prioritize urgent shipments.
- Assign work tasks for warehouse employees based on needs and staffing.
- Provide on the job training and support to new employees.
- Prepare and start up warehouse equipment at the beginning of each work day.
- Monitor staff to ensure quality and safety compliance rules are followed.
- Communicate with freight and trucking companies to schedule and organize arrivals.
- Maintain and update shipping bible, containing standards and regulations for shipping to various companies.
- Manage inventory control tickets on a regular basis, making inventory adjustments as needed and investigating any discrepancies.
- Fulfill shipping deadlines and complete various work tasks as required.
- Resolve or escalate employee disputes as needed.
- Fill in for Warehouse Supervisor’s responsibilities in his/her absence.
- Experience working in a warehouse, tooling, or industrial environment.
- Experience in a supervising or managing role
- Excellent people skills and effective team leader
- Able to quickly prioritize tasks and assign duties
- Valid driver’s license required
- Computer familiarity required, especially Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Power Industrial Fork Truck License (1D) required
- Close attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Written and verbal English communication skills
- Able to work with a team to accomplish company goals
- Strict attention and adherence to safety guidelines including wearing all personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Willingness to keep and maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Adherence to attendance policy