Holyoke machining/tooling company looking for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer. Job would entail design machinery and tooling, implement lean manufacturing concepts and manage projects as required to meet manufacturing objectives. 7+ years of previous experience in the metal and tooling industry would be preferred! Full time, direct hire opportunities on 1st shift! Competitive salary and excellent benefits offered!
Duties would include:
* Design tools and dies in Solid Edge CAD software for sheet metal parts/manufacturing which includes tool material selection, stress and vibration analysis, develop and optimize tool design to reduce lead time.
* Evaluate exististing tools/dies for improvements and tool life estimates. Redesign as needed.
* Design low cost automation systems including selection of electrical controls, sensors, solenoids, pneumatics & PLC programs.
* Perform theoretical analysis and simulation of manufacturing processes, value stream mapping, FMEA and quantify areas of improvement, design and manage experiments, create project plans, timelines & presentations.
* Write equipment specifications for acquisitions of new equipment. Write qualification plans and procedures for final acception.
* Perform installation & commissioning of tools & dies other equipment. Review & existiing technical bulletins & specifications.
* Lead work teams to implement lean manufacturing concepts: Kanban, Kaizen, SMED, 5S. Provide guidance to other manufacturing engineers. Participate in quality and safety audits and design review meetings. Respond to customer inquiries.
Leadership, Supervision, Hardware Specifications, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Product Development, Presenting Technical Information, CAD, Microsoft Suite, GD&T. Travel will be involved.
Please submit resume or call for details at (413) 317-7677.